These activities may include:
- Promotions (i.e. Grand opening, sidewalk sale or customer appreciation)
- Events (i.e. Light Up the Night, Lacombe Days)
- Beautification efforts (i.e. planters, Christmas lights)
- Promote the viability of retail and commercial businesses
- Contribute to the quality of life of residents, workers and visitors to the City of Lacombe
- Make the city shopping streets more inviting and interesting places to work and shop
Applicants will be required to submit a completed Application Form online or in person at Lacombe City Hall, 5432-56th Ave Lacombe AB, T4L 1E9.
- An amount of $2,500.00 will be allotted to the Business Partnership Fund on an annual basis.
- The Grant shall be administered by Echo Lacombe.
- The Grant will provide a matching amount of up to $500.00 for eligible businesses to support an initiative that meets the criteria of this Grant.
- A matching contribution by the applying businesses must be financial in nature.
- Applications will be based on a first-come-first-served basis. In the event that the Echo Lacombe receives a number of applications at the same time, the Evaluation Criteria shall be used to determine funding distribution.
- A minimum of three businesses must collaborate in the proposed initiative.
To be considered eligible an Applicant must:
- Contain a list of participating businesses with valid business licenses;
- Include commitments to matching financial contribution from the Applicant;
- Include provisions for the completion of the project within three (3) months of the date of grant approval;
- The project must be for one of the following :
- A promotional activity
- An event (could be stand-alone or part of a larger community-wide festival)
- A beautification project that emphasizes curb appeal
- Have all the required application information completed.
When reviewing an Application Echo Lacombe will give due regard to the Evaluation Criteria.
An Applicant, who has submitted an application that has been rejected may:
Submit an application at any time:
- For a new project; or
- If the eligibility status of the Applicant has changed to make them eligible for the grant.
Submit an application for the same project:
- After the lapse of six (6) months from the first submission; or
- If the project was rejected because of a lack of funding, as soon as new funding is made available.
Grant funds will be forwarded to the successful applicant thirty (30) days from the receipt of documentation verifying:
- That the expenditures have been made for the approved project;
- That the approved project has been completed in accordance with the approved application form;
- All conditions of the Grant as outlined in the Grant Agreement have been met.