Community Wellness Application
The Wellness Program is about creating a culture of wellness within the City of Lacombe. Foremost, it is a community-owned, city-wide initiative that supports citizen wellness through grassroots engagement. These grants serve to encourage our community to come forward as leaders and take an active role to promote health and wellness.
Initiatives supporting wellness will be eligible for funding.
- Any Lacombe or Lacombe County non-profit, community group, school or business is eligible to apply for funding. Special consideration may be given to other community members (i.e. high school students) on a case-by-case basis.
Funding will be available for projects that meet the following criteria:
- Makes an important contribution to support community wellness
- Builds partnerships and collaborations
- Addresses a gap or strengthens an existing asset within the community
- Creates opportunities for citizen engagement
- Demonstrates potential for a meaningful impact to the community
Matching grants up to $500 dollars will be awarded per project, based on demonstrated need.
You are invited to submit your proposals via the online application form, in person, or by email to:
Lacombe AB, T4L 1E9
There is a rolling deadline. Once the available funding amounts have been exhausted for each calendar year, no further grants will be awarded for that period.
A team lead must be identified in the submitted proposal.
After reviewing proposals independently each month, the Echo Lacombe Wellness committee will discuss project submissions and assign funding.